This isn’t a particularly kink related subject, but I think its something a lot of sub’s I know can identify with.
Right now I am stressed. Not as stressed as yesterday or the day before, but still stressed enough that it has me rather distracted. I had some irritating stuff happen at my work the other day. stuff that effected business and required going to the big manager, as my supervisor is on vacation. It got fixed, taken care of, etc. But here i was still worried that when i go back into work tommorow my supervisor is going to be irritated with me for how it was handed. Everyone is touchy and it typically boils down to office politics whenever anything bad happens. Because im a bit too empathetic ive anticipated everyone being grouchy and for some reason it got to me. combine that with lack of sleep and i found myself obsessing over it.
When I woke up this morning I realized my touchy stomach and nervous demeanour is caused by the stress itself, and worrying about the stress in and of itself. The more worried about the situation I got the more stressed I became, because the elements are out of my control. Sometimes I have trouble accepting the world around me as being elements out of my control that once influenced one way I can no longer influence. But the more stressed I became about that, the more worried i felt, and I began to notice “oh no I’m stressed that's bad” and it became stress for the sake of stress.
I realized today, after a full nights sleep a bit of processing i am not quite so stressed about things. But as I got wondering if i’m diong okay, if things are resolved, I started worrying about worrying, stressing about stress, again. The issue itself isn’t quite such an issue. It’s a matter of the overthinking. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own brains that we forget to live, to breath to relax.
There are more important things in life than just stressing out, and I need to relax and realize that. It’s going to be okay
Heck this situation that started the whole thing is relatively minor, and I’ve been in way more stressful situations than this. Overall i had a pretty terrific weekend too. I think I’m pretty lucky to have the friends I do and the ways to savour life that I get.
So now Im just focusing on the solution, relaxation, zen, accepting the universe is something I cannot monumentally change and that I just need to live within it.
No comments:
Post a Comment